Do you have a passion to share Jesus among the many unreached peoples of Asia? Want to serve on a ministry team in Thailand, Laos, Burma or other nearby nations? If so, the upcoming School of Frontier Missions (SOFM) is for you.
Learn. Grow. Explore.
The Chiang Rai SOFM focuses on preparing students to share the Good News with the unreached. Get trained to understand the different world views and belief systems, plant growing churches, and get placed on a team.
Part 1: Get Trained
This is no lecture-heavy, theoretical training. Staff and students will be experimenting with culture, worship, and local-style evangelism throughout the school. We will visit mosques and temples together, spend time in local communities, and learn from those around us. You will hear from experienced field workers, staff & church planters, who have years of ministry, countless stories, and eye-opening case studies to learn from.
Here are a few of the major topics we will cover:
- Biblical and Historical Basis of Missions
- The Pillars in mission - Prayers & Evangelism
- Language learning & Cross-cultural Living
- Mission Strategies (What would it takes Vs How could I do it?)
- Church Planting Movements
- Worldview and Beliefs of various religions
- Understanding Asian Culture and Worldview
- Business, CommunityDevelopment and other platforms
- Effective Teams and Pioneering
- Team Building and Dynamics (how to build great team relationships)
- Resiliency and thriving in the Mission Field
- And more!
Afternoon Workshops/Discussions (Real time preparation to get you to the field):
- Effective communication (with leaders, prayer partners, etc)
- Fundraising vs Friend Raising
- Emotional and life issues experienced in the field
- Practicum - language learning, cultural exploration trip, simple church, building relationships in the community, etc
- And more!
Part 2: Outreach/Field Assignment
After the SOFM lecture phase finishes, you will be go on a 9 months field internship. We will place you with a CP team and there you will be mentored and coached to start your missional learning journey amongst the unreached peoples group. In addition, you will be offered additional training and coaching opportunities with experienced field-workers. The School leader and staff will also come alongside you during this internship phase.
There are many field assignment locations available and we would try to match your call, burden, giftings with the field team. If you have a specific people group or location in mind, let us know!
We strongly encourage you to go on this 9 months field internship. But if due to various reasons that you are unable to join the internship team, we will customized an outreach program (ranging from 2 - 6 months) for you.
The School of Frontier Mission (SOFM) will be an accredited course through YWAM’s University of the Nations (UofN). You will receive a total of 24 credits through the UofN for completing the SOFM + Field Assignment.